Planning Commission members are appointed by the Board of Supervisors. Each voting district is represented by two Commissioners; one Commissioner is a Supervisor. All serve four-year terms. The Planning Commission promotes the orderly development of the county through appropriate land-use designations, public services and utilities, and protection of the environmental and cultural resources. To achieve these goals, the Commission makes recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding the county’s Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinances, Subdivision Ordinances, and other related ordinances.
- Matthew Bass, Board of Supervisors representative
- Randy Buckley, Vice Chair (White Post Voting District)
- Anne Caldwell (Millwood Voting District)
- Buster Dunning (White Post Voting District)
- Robert Glover (Millwood Voting District)
- Pearce Hunt (Russell Voting District)
- Scott Kreider (Buckmarsh Voting District)
- Doug Kruhm (Buckmarsh Voting District)
- Frank Lee (Berryville Voting District)
- Gwendolyn Malone (Berryville Voting District)
- George L. Ohrstrom, Chair (Russell Voting District)
Planning Commission business meetings begin at 9 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except August). Planning Commission work sessions begin at 3 p.m. on the Tuesday before each business meeting.
All meetings are in the second-floor meeting space of the Berryville-Clarke County Government Center located at 101 Chalmers Ct. in Berryville, Va. All meetings are open to the public.
For more information contact: