||100 N. Buckmarsh Street
Berryville, VA 22611
||Mon. - Fri. -- 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
Local office of State agency that provides:
- Community Health Services
- Maternity services
- Environmental Health Services
More information is available at the Lord Fairfax Health District website.
More Information about State regulations regarding Septic & well permitting
Clarke County administers a separate Well and Septic Ordinance that further regulates the siting and installation of private well and septic regulations. Variances to the County regulations are limited for more information see Board of Well and Septic Appeals .
- County Well & (Apply County setbacks if more restrictive than State)
- -Brown areas on map at right indicate location of Karst soils. If your parcel is in these areas you need to complete a Resistivity Test before obtaining a Septic Permit. For more specific parcel information go to Maps Online.
- Septic Permit Recordation requirements
- The intent of the Ordinance is to provide recorded documentation that identifies the size of an onsite sewage disposal system for any given dwelling, so that persons purchasing a home know the sewage disposal limitations prior to closing.
- If you need a Building Permit - default Instructions (275 KB)